Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture

 Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture

Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture

 

Launched: 2014-15 

Objectives 

  •  Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH) is being implemented w.e.f.2014-15 for the integrated and holistic development of horticulture sector in the country covering fruits, vegetables, root and tuber crops, mushrooms, spices, flowers, aromatic plants, coconut, cashew, cocoa and bamboo through various interventions.
  •  Mission has six component schemes/missions - National Horticulture Mission (NHM), Horticulture Mission for North East & Himalayan States (HMNEH), National Agro-forestry Bamboo Mission (NABM), National Horticulture Board (NHB), Coconut Development Board (CDB) and Central Institute for Horticulture (CIH), Nagaland. All States including Himalayan states and Union Territories (UTs) are covered under MIDH.
  •  To improve productivity by ways of germplasm, planting material and wateruse efficiency through micro-irrigation. 
  • Mission supports skill development and create employment generation opportunities. 
Salient Features of MIDH 

  •  It is a centrally Sponsored Scheme which was started from 2014-15 comprising of following sub-schemes and areas of operation
  • - National Horticulture Mission; to promote holistic growth of horticulture sector through an area based regionally differentiated strategies 
  • Horticulture Mission for North East & Himalayan States; it is a technology mission, which focuses on production of quality planting material, organic farming, efficient water management etc. 
  • National Agro-forestry & Bamboo Mission; It aims to promote the growth of bamboo through an area based regionally differentiated strategy. Increase area under bamboo with improved varieties to enhance yields. 
  • Promote, develop and disseminate technologies and generate employment opportunities. 
  • National Horticulture Board 
  • Coconut Development Board 
  • Central Institute for Horticulture, Nagaland. 
  • Adopt end-to-end approach with backward and forward linkages. 
  • Promote R&D technologies for cultivation and other activities with special focus on cold chain infrastructure. 
  •  Improve productivity through diversification of crops, extension of technology and increasing acreage of orchards etc. Improve post-harvest management, value addition processing and marketing infrastructure. 
  • Promote FPOs and their links with Market aggregators and financial institutions.
  •  Funding - Central government contributes 100% in North Easter States and 85% in all other states while remaining 15% is contributed by state government. 
  • In 2014, Project CHAMAN was launched which envisages use of satellite remote sensing data along with Geographical Information System (GIS) for generating action plans for horticultural development.

Join Himexam Telegram Group


                                 Join Our Telegram Group :- Himexam

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads Area